Search for more piffle and nonsense.....

Sunday 21 May 2017

Cody Rhodes Gets Desperate to Win Meltzer bet

Recent WWE firee and current New Japan mid-carder, Cody Rhodes, has gotten himself in way over his head in a Twitter bet with Wrestling Observer head honcho Dave Meltzer.

Rhodes responded to Meltzers response to the question of whether ROH could sell out a 10,000 seat venue "Not any time soon"

To which Cody tweeted back "I'll take that bet Dave"  suggesting that if he and fellow New Japan regulars (and poor mans Rock n Roll Express) The Young Bucks were given three months to promote the event, they would sell 10,000 tickets.

ROH, whilst a favorite of serious wrestling fans, has never sold more than 3,000 tickets, so Cody has
Pictured: ROH event - heavily papered
 put himself in a difficult spot - either more than triple the company record, or lose face in the eyes of the wrestling world.     One would think that the man who played painted himself silver as Stardust, and had an entire gimmick based on his mustache, would be immune from embarrassment, but he plans to try and win the bet anyway, and has revealed some controversial plans to do it.

"I figured that the Young Bucks aren't going to draw that crowd, and my name is likely to reduce the attendance rather than increase it.  My brother is under contract to WWE so I only have once option"

"Why do I tweet when I  drink??" 
"The main event will be The Young Bucks versus Cody and Dusty Rhodes.  My Dad could really put asses in seats in his day, and who doesn't like nostalgia?  It should be good for one big house I reckon"

When asked about the thorny issue of Dusty being slightly dead, Cody said.
" It's no problem, I'm just going to exhume my dads corpse and prop him up in the corner. His workrate will only be slightly below his average"

No comments:

Post a Comment