|How could this possibly go wrong??|
Whilst Cody Rhodes, son of the legendary Dusty Rhodes, falls someway short of his father in many areas – charisma, promo ability, cellulite and belly splotches – the former Stardust has clearly inherited his late father’s sense of unbridled optimism.
This was demonstrated this week when he boldly stated that he “expects to be paid by TNA” following his recent appearance at the companys TV taping. Cody openly admits that his agreements with TNA are all on a handshake basis, and despite this, thinks that he will soon receive a sizeable chqeque from the company that is currently being sued by everybody it deals with for nopn-payment of invoices.
The Rhodes gene pool clearly contains a high proportion of positive thinking, as shown by Cody’s decision to leave WWE on the assumption that he would be equally as successful elsewhere and the numerous examples of father Dusty’s ‘Sunny Side’ attitude, which include:
- Booking a screwjob title change in every town the NWA ran in, three times in a row, and still expecting fans to keep paying t come to the shows
- That with the right booking and promotion, and with Dusty by his side, Lex Luger could be as big a star as Hulk Hogan, probably bigger
- That he could sweet talk Ric Flair into dropping the world title to Rick Steiner
- That when the financial results came in and NWA/WCW had lost $6 million in a year under Dustys management, it would be someone else, not him, who was fired, even though he was flying everywhere by private jet.
- That the fans would buy him as a legit six man partner for the Road Warriors of all people, and
- That anyone could inderstand more than six words he said
As yet, Cody has not received any compensation for his work in TNA but checks the mailbox for or five times a day, each time anticipating the check will be there